ABOUT THE ROLE
Director of Construction Services will be responsible for the leadership of the construction team and overall management of projects from conception through construction completion and closeout. This role will be critical to providing a productive and more connected workplace for arc.
In this role, the DC will be responsible for ensuring that all projects meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals. The DC will oversee internal and external project communications, track overall construction schedules, and review and analyze costs to ensure the project team is meeting budgetary goals. General oversight of general contractors and external partners will be required to ensure all strategic objectives and key results are met.
This will be a dynamic position requiring strong leadership capabilities, seasoned project management experience, knowledge of construction build methodologies and various contract delivery methods with a proven track record of delivering high-end commercial projects. The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of experience within the construction industry with general contracting knowledge in high growth environments. This is a fantastic opportunity to further develop strategic planning, process development, and team management skills while gaining direct exposure into the real estate, design and development industries from the owner's perspective.
The position is based in Jeffersonville, IN and may require some travel.
The Director of Construction Services will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Managing overall financial performance of construction projects via project management team members
- Ensuring all projects are kept on schedule through oversight of design, permitting and construction phases
- Develop construction business strategies for significant growth; all to ensure fiduciary, schedule and quality standards are consistently met
- Navigate constructability reviews, provide design and value engineering options, and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Oversight of all company construction projects including: handoff from real estate department, scheduling, budget forecasting, cost control management, close-out, and coordination of external resources with subcontractors, vendors and consultants
- Ensure the project management team has all the tools necessary to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Source and manage local, regional and national partners and vendors
- Interact regularly with owner and project team to ensure objectives and key results are being met
- Work closely with the Project Managers to communicate and ensure that the design-intent and product quality carries consistently throughout all projects
- Track performance, training, coaching and reporting
- Working closely with project team to learn and manage budgeting exercises
- Continually develop, review and drive department initiatives geared towards meeting company expectations
- At least 10 years construction project management experience from initial programming through construction completion
- Senior Project Manager or Contract Executive experience required
- Prior general contractor employment most ideal
- Proven track record of completing construction projects on time and within budget
- Expert knowledge of design and construction means and methods
Fill out the form below and attach your resume in PDF form.